REPORT OF JOHN A. ROEBLING, Chief Engineer, to the presidents and directors of the Niagara Falls Suspension and Niagara Falls international bridge companies, on the condition of the Niagara Railway Suspension Bridge, August 1, 1860
Trenton, NJ: Murphy & Bechtel, Printers, 1860. pp 20, printed paper covers. Very nearly fine. Roebling built wire rope suspension bridges, including the Niagara bridge, which had been in use since March, 1855. Here he reports on worn parts and makes recommendations for repairs and replacements. Trains made on average 45 trips per day, so some rails needed replacement and train speeds needed to be restricted. Much technical detail. He reassures the Company that the bride and cables are still sound. Roebling's Niagara Falls Suspension Bridge was the world's first railway suspension bridge. OCLC locates 10 copies, but only two in Canada (Canadian Centre for Architecture, Brock).
Condition: Binding: Softcover